“Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress”- Mahatma Gandhi
What are Debating classes?
Debating teaches students to research, organise and prioritize thoughts to present an informed and persuasive argument.
During these classes your child will;
– Increase self-esteem and confidence in public speaking
– Improve persuasive skills through presenting facts and evidence in informed arguments
– Become confident in presenting persuasive arguments for or against a topic
– Improve critical thinking skills
– Gain a broad understanding across different disciplines outside of their normal academic skills
– Improves ability to compile and collaborate information on a specific topic
– Develops effective writing composition and speech delivery
– Encourages teamwork and a lively exchange of idea
– Become a good listener
Recommended classes if your child enjoys or has already done Debating classes
– Public Speaking
Recommended time frame of Debating classes
It is encouraged that students complete all stages and learning outcomes of Debating. Throughout the year, each term builds upon the material learnt from the previous term and students are given the opportunity to perform at the yearly event!
Call our Talent Club Team on 0451 507 606 – if you have any further questions regarding our classes or fees!