Talent Club Australia Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. We are a COVID-safe business.
For the safety and wellbeing of students and their families, we can confirm that all our coaches and staff at Talent Club Australia have been fully vaccinated. This also ensures we are COVID compliant.
Please note that there will be some mandatory requirements that our business will be putting into place upon our return to in-person classes to ensure our business remains COVID-Safe for all staff, families and children:
- We will only be accepting students who's parents/carers/adult household members are fully vaccinated.
- The adult/carer dropping off/picking up children must show proof of being fully vaccinated. This health order may change and we will be closely monitoring this as restrictions ease.
- The adult/carer dropping off/picking up children & children over 12 must wear a mask. All children under 12 are not required to wear a mask but it is at your discretion if you would like them to wear one.
- All attendees must check in using the NSW Service App at the front entrance. Please show the green tick to the coach before entering.
- Please arrive as close to your class time as possible. Please pick up your children at the time the class finishes.
- Class sizes will be restricted in order to cater for indoor gathering class sizes and social distancing (unless restrictions are eased further from the NSW Government).
- No make-ups will be allowed for any classes that are full due to restricted numbers inside an indoor facility.
- All children and parents/carer must sanitise their hands at the beginning, during and at the end of each class.
- Social distancing measures will be in place. Please remain 1.5m apart from all other people.
- If you or anyone in your family has any symptoms, please do not attend class. Anyone who shows signs of any COVID-19 symptoms will be sent home by our staff.
No, we have developed a specialised 4-in-1 program that combines the 4 essential activities to produce excellent communicators. Activities include public speaking, debating, creative writing and drama. This 4-in-1 program is run as after school classes online and in-person during term time, and school holiday workshops.
We run online classes and in-person classes.
To view our online classes visit: https://www.talentclubaus.com.au/interactive-online/
To view our in-person classes visit: https://www.talentclubaus.com.au/in-person-classes-across-sydney/
To view our holiday workshops visit: https://www.talentclubaus.com.au/holiday-programs/
During school terms our online and in-person classes run for 1 hour per week. There are 10 classes per term. One class per week for 10 weeks. Class times are after school, with in-person classes commencing around 3/4pm and online classes commencing after 5pm.
For our School Holiday Workshops, the online classes run for 1.5 hours per day for 1 week (Mon-Fri inclusive). Or we run an in-person intensive 2 day workshop.
We run age-specific classes for children from 5-17 yr olds. No experience is necessary and we welcome all skill levels. Students are grouped as K-Y2, Y3-Y6, Y7-Y11.
Our in-person classes are held at a variety of primary and secondary schools. For current locations see our classes in Sydney.
- Understand your child's shyness - some kids are anxious about speaking up when they don’t know what the response will be. Some don’t like to talk in front of other people. Others just need time to get comfortable with new people and new situations. And still others are just content being quiet observers.
- Avoid labeling your child as shy - try to use other descriptions in front of them.
- Encourage your child to speak up.
- Share the benefits with them - offer evidence of why self-advocacy and speaking up can make a difference in their life.
- Practice and role-play - rehearse sample situations with them. Talent Club Australia's classes all involve various forms of practice of activities that will assist in building their confidence.
- Celebrate small successes - recognise and celebrate achievements, no matter how small they may be. Ongoing encouragement will help build your child's confidence.
Definitely! Public speaking is one of the most important yet commonly feared forms of communication. Experts estimate that 77% of the population experiences some form of anxiety over this skill. Our online program has been specifically developed to be taught online and it is different to our in-person course content. Our coaches are experienced in delivering this material via online methods. Our online classes are all live, not recorded, and thus give coaches and students the opportunities to present in a live atmosphere.
Our 4-in-1 online communication classes provide information and activities to practice speech training (correct breathing, posture, articulation, tone, inflection), reading aloud, public speaking and presentation skills (impromptu and prepared speeches, how to practice, presentation basics), drama (exploring the world of drama, plays and acting), mime (awareness of physicality, movement and body language), improvisation (developing imagination, expressive language skills and role play), storytelling and so much more!
Yes, we follow the Australian Speech Communication Association (ASCA) guidelines and learning process that builds team spirit and tolerance and includes mindfulness activities and positive psychology.
Our programs are delivered by Australian trained coaches, and in term 4, students are invited to take a speaking and listening assessment and get awarded a grade certificate from ASCA.
Online classes (per term): $200/child for Primary School aged children. $250/child for High School aged children. This includes 10 x 1 hour online classes.
In-person classes (per term): $250/child. This includes 10 x 1 hour in- person classes. Please note, Term 4 is shorter and in person classes will only run for 7 classes (due to COVID).
School Holiday Workshops: $130/child for the in-person two-day workshop. $100/child for the online 5 day workshop.
We offer a 10% discount for siblings. and returning students All prices listed above are exclusive of GST. 10% GST + 5% processing fee is applicable to all. NSW Creative kids vouchers are accepted.
Pay the fees via direct depost:
Talent Club Australia
Bank account 495915084 or Pay ID 0451507606
NSW Creative Kids Vouchers are accepted and can be applied by visiting: https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-creative-kids-voucher