About Holiday Programs 11-14th & 18-21st Jan
Why is our younger generation so afraid of speaking in public? Are they shy, nervous or lack confidence? Our Programs help them to overcome their fears by
- Promoting positive social interaction
- Practicing fun “real world” leadership situations
- Being heard and Being themselves
Talent Club Holiday Workshops aim to develop a variety of Life Skills and tap on the Creativity in learners, keep them active, with practical activities - specifically crafted programs that can be enjoyed with friends and peers. Outcomes you can expect are:
- Develop the ART & CRAFT of Communications
- Gain skills in a fun and interactive way from a variety of classes
- Improve their leadership, creative thinking, problem-solving, and self confidence.
The schedule is as follows:
- The Waitara Seventh-day Adventist Church, on 1, Park Road cnr of Alexandria Parade, Waitara.
- Annangrove Progress Hall -The Currie Avenue and Annangrove Road, Annangrove 2156
- 11-12th January: From 9:30-3:30, “Young Orators & Authors Holiday Workshop” (focuses on public speaking, debating and creative writing).
- 13-14th January: From 9:30-3:30, “Young Orators & Budding Actors Holiday Workshop (focuses on public speaking, debating and drama).
- 18-19th January: From 9:30-3:30, “Young Orators & Authors Holiday Workshop” (focuses on public speaking, debating and creative writing).
- 20-21st January: From 9:30-3:30, “Young Orators & Budding Actors Holiday Workshop (focuses on public speaking, debating and drama)
Young Orators - Public Speaking/ Debating - The ability to easily assume leadership in a group, or to readily talk for yourself. Students learn how to keep the attention of their audience and make a presentation and learn about the skills that make an effective speech. Learners build leadership skills & overcome shyness by acting as: entrepreneurs, inventors, teachers & TV show hosts!(e.g., body language, articulation, eye contact, volume). Furthermore they learn to practice debating, put their point of view effectively
Little Authors - Creative Writing Authors is a great workshop for kids. Students are encouraged to use their ideas/ imagination, to create pictures and build stories.They are given guidance and structure to get those ideas on a page and write either a story or develop a newsletter.
Budding Actors - Drama - This workshop is communication through performance. It manages to develop skills in physicality, voice, expression and body language . Students will learn to become more confident when communicating/performing in front of an audience and start to gain an understanding of how drama is a powerful way of communication.
The fees are $130 for a two-day workshop. If you are registering siblings or friends, you enjoy a 10% discount on both students!* Creative kids vouchers accepted!
Queries ! Call us on 0451 507 606
or email firstname.lastname@example.org